Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tuesday Morning Must Have: Jack Johnson's To The Sea

"You and your heart, Shouldn’t feel so far apart"
-Jack Johnson


Today is a super exciting day!

After waiting over two years, Jack Johnson has finally come out with a new album! I can't even tell you how elated I am!

I'm a huge fan of Jack Johnson, and since I listen to his music on a daily basis, it will be nice to have a few new songs in the rotation!

I'm sure almost everyone is familiar Jack Johnson's surf inspired, beachy acoustic music, but if you haven't had a chance to check it out, I highly recommend you do! It really is the perfect summer soundtrack. It's laid back sound, chilled out lyrics and the occasional steel drum solo, make it the perfect choice for everything from a day at the beach to a backyard barbeque.

To The Sea definitely doesn't disappoint! It is Jack's fifth studio album, and was recorded in two of his very own solar powered studios. Did I mention that I love this guy? This album also happens to feature one of my other favorite singer/songwriter's Zach Gill on the piano.

Here is a list of the tracks on To The Sea:

You and Your Heart
To The Sea
No Good With Faces
At Or With Me
When I Look Up
From The Clouds
My Little Girl
Turn Your Love
The Upsetter
Red Wine, Mistakes, Mythology
Pictures Of People Taking Pictures
Anything But The Truth
Only The Ocean

You may have heard You and Your Heart on the radio over the last few weeks. It's such a great song!

Jack Johnson's To The Sea was released today, and is available for purchase from his website, for download at iTunes or online at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart hearing from you!