Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

"Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that was invested in you at birth is present once again."
-Menachem Mendel Schneerson


I turned twenty eight over the weekend!

Typically I love birthday's, but for some reason, I just wasn't looking forward to this one!

I'm not sure what was bothering me about this year, but I just wasn't as excited as I usually am! Normally I plan a big party with all my friends, have a big dinner with my family, go for a date with Chris... basically, I drag out my birthday for as long as possible! But this year I didn't plan anything, I just wasn't in the mood!

It's amazing how life continues to amaze me... Without any planning or excitement on my end this year, I managed to have one of the nicest birthdays I've ever had!

On Saturday, after sleeping in shamelessly until 11 am, I spent the whole day catching up on the TV I had PVR'ed over the last two crazy weeks. Chris went out an bought me a birthday cake, and we decided to eat it for dinner and dessert... That alone might have made the weekend, but on Sunday, my sister organized a brunch for me with at Newport Grill all of my friends! I can't even begin to tell you how blissful I felt as I sat eating my belgium waffles with vanilla bean whipped cream and raspberries and looking around at all the amazing people I have in my life.

I am one lucky girl!

I can't even think of a better way to start my next 365 day journey around the sun, than surrounded by all the people I love!

It's going to be an amazing year... I can feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart hearing from you!