Monday, May 17, 2010

The Long Weekend Week: Golden Glow

"The only reason why we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend."
-Chuck Palahniuk


The long weekend is almost here!

I'm sure you are all just as excited as I am to celebrate the birth of Queen Victoria... No?

Just me?

Well, I may not be excited to celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday, but I do enjoy a holiday long weekend! And I'm even more excited than usual for this one, since I'll be spending it celebrating one of my best friends bachelorette in sunny Kelowna BC!

I can't wait!

In anticipation of this momentous occasion (or the fact I can't seem to focus on anything else!) I've decided to dedicate the entire week to the long weekend.

First up... getting that much needed Golden Glow!

As I mentioned in my post on bronzer last week, I am in desperate need of some beachy colour before I can even begin to think about spending the entire weekend in my bikini! And considering we had snow on the ground just a couple of weeks ago, I'm starting from square one!

A few years ago I would have been forced to spend the whole weekend faking a smile as friends and strangers laughed at my pale skin and made comments about needing to wear sunglasses for the glare I was creating... Well not anymore! Since discovering the Spray Tan, I can now get that golden goddess glow in under 15 minutes!

These days, I swear by spray tans! They are inexpensive, convenient, completely healthy and most importantly, leave you with a beautiful flawless tan!

New technology has virtually eliminated unwanted overspray and skin over saturation which means no more streaking. And with multiple depths of colour to choose from you can say goodbye to the oompa loompa orange as well!

I've tried a few different Spray Tan salons in the Calgary area, but for the best overall value I recommend California Tan at Willow Park. They use the Autobronze system which is said to offer the best results for an automated application! They also offer a really great deal on the spray tans... 5 tans for just over $100. It's perfect because if you use a great self tanning lotion in between, it can get you through almost the entire summer! The service at California Tan is also really great, and since they are open until 10:00pm on weeknights its really easy to work into your schedule!

Here are a few recommendations to make your spray tan the best it can be:
-Make sure your skin is exfoliated really well
-Make sure you are waxed or shaved before your tan
-Be sure to wear dark, loose fitting clothing... but don't worry, the tanning solution washes out!
-Make sure you are make-up, perfume, lotion and deodorant free
-The longer you wait before you shower the better... I usually sleep on it, and shower the following morning... but be aware you CANNOT get wet for a minimum of 6 hours, so plan accordingly!
-If you plan to sleep on it, don't use your good sheets... but again, it does wash out!

So, if you're like me and are freaking out about baring all for the first weekend of bathing suit season, try a quick and easy spray tan and you'll feel like a bronzed up goddess!




Photo Credit:
Kelowna - summit chiropractic
Spray Tan - ourmanly.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart hearing from you!