Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fashion Friday: Sail Away!

“Who is staring at the sea is already sailing a little.”
- Paul Carvel


I had such a great time last night! One of my really good girlfriend just got home from spending eight months in Europe. It's going to be so nice to have her back home, at least for a few months!

Of course, after spending all that time eating only eastern European food, we had a comfort food feast of hot wings, Pizza Hut cheese pizza and cupcakes, while she filled us in on life in Latvia and unpacked all of her cute European clothes and accessories!

I'm not going to lie... I was pretty jealous as she pulled out a pair of super cute jeans, a really hot turquoise leather bomber jacket and a gorgeous sheer red wrap, printed with white and navy anchors. I was loving the wrap! It was HUGE! So big that you could wrap it into a floor length maxi dress! How awesome is that! We were chatting and I wrapping my friend up in different experimental styles, and we ended up talking about my love of all things nautical this season. Apparently, the trend is huge in Europe right now as well!

Needless to say, as soon as I got home I grabbed my laptop, and started shopping for some cute sailor stuff! I just recently bought a pair of Earnest Sewn high waisted denim shorts to get me started. Now I just need to pick up a few more pieces and wait for some warm weather to try them out!

Are you up for some nautical influence this summer? Even us landlocked Calgarians can appreciate this cool, fresh look! Here are a few cute sailor inspired ideas you might like to try:





GILES & BROTHER
Gold-plated anchor necklace
$115



American Eagle
Striped Racer Back Tank
$10



Vineyard Vines
Anchors & Stars Headband
$30



Forever 21
Nautical Striped Cardigan
$22.80



Old Navy
Espadrille Wedges
$25



Vero Moda
Nautical Stripe Shift Dress
$59



Pierce Denim
Sailor Pants
$95



Kayce Hughes
Red Acrylic Anchor Necklace
$40



Forever 21
Seafarer Cardigan
$15.80



Oasis Naughty Cool
Resin Anchor Cuff Bracelet
$20


So even if the closest you'll get to the ocean this summer, is the beaches of Auburn Bay lake... You can still rock this breezy style. Just don't go over board...

Sorry, I couldn't resist!


Boat Photo Credit: Jana Elliott Hooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart hearing from you!