Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Long Weekend Must Have: Urban Outfitters Straw Fedora

"Cock your hat - angles are attitudes."
-Frank Sinatra


Hats are the perfect summer long weekend accessory! Not only do they protect you from the sun and the heat, but they keep you looking cool at the same time!

There a a ton of awesome summer hats out there to choose from this year, so you'll have no problem finding one to perfectly suit your style. If you look for a lightweight hat in a classic style that can be packed easily, it will work for almost any occasion this season. Don't plan on spending a ton of money though... the last thing you want, is to be worried about sand and water damage. Besides, this way you can buy a new hat next year guilt free!

I have tried a few different styles of summer hats over the last couple of years... a perfectly broken down Shady Brady cowboy hat that I absolutely loved, a gorgeous floppy black wide-brimmed hat from Forever 21 that made me feel like Audrey Hepburn, a surfer-girl military inspired newsboy hat by Roxy with more style than function... But the one hat that I wore again and again was a cute little straw fedora with a simple black ribbon I picked up at Urban Outfitters.

To me it is the quintessential summer hat. It's made of woven lightweight straw and can bounce back after spending 10 hours in a suitcase. I love that it's casual enough to throw on with a bathing suit to hang by the pool, yet doesn't look even a little out of place with a dress and gladiators for dinner on a patio. It's hard to believe you can get all this chic and it's cheap too... I picked it up for under $40.

Although my hat is a few seasons old, the almost identical (although maybe even cuter) version pictured is available from Urban Outfitters for $48. I'm loving the menswear inspired checkered hatband!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart hearing from you!