Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hero Worship: Robin Hood

"Oh, he's so handsome... just like his reward posters."
-Sis, Robin Hood (1973)


Can you keep a secret?

When I was a little girl I wanted to marry Robin Hood the fox. His sophisticated British accent, they way he always outsmarted that slimy Sheriff of Nottingham, the whole stealing from the rich to feed the poor thing... I was in love!

I used to watch the movie over and over wishing I was Maid Marion. I know it's a bit weird to dream of marrying a cartoon fox, but hey, I just couldn't resist how dangerous he was. So much more exciting than all of those human Disney Princes!

Even now that I'm grown up and married to a fox all my own (of the human variety!) my love for Robin Hood hasn't faded... I still get giddy when ever I hear Bryan Adams' "Everything I do"! So, you can imagine how thrilled I was when I saw they were coming out with a brand new Robin Hood movie this year!

This version looks awesome! It stars Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett and focuses on how Robin Hood becomes the hero and legend we know today. In case you haven't seen one yet, here is a preview:







Preview

Robin Hood opens in theatres this Friday, May 14th.
Don't miss it!


Disney Photo Credit: www.thefoxwebsite.org

2 comments:

  1. i think that i am off to see thatmovie tomorrow.. date night yeah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if Bryan Adams will be on the sound track...I hope so!

    ReplyDelete

I heart hearing from you!